Monday, July 04, 2005

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR HORROR?

I lost my Beloved Husband this weekend, for hours at a time, to the TV. Approximately twice a year, they run a marathon of (old) Twilight Zone episodes. That is when Beloved Husband disappears for hours and only comes up for air to get snacks and then to get rid of the snacks.

Personally, I can't watch any horror or creepy shows. I won't be able to sleep at night. I still have vivid flashbacks of the Twilight Zone episode "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" with William Shatner. My mom made me watch it with her when I was quite young and it totally creeped me out!

I remember going to see the first "Halloween" movie with some friends when I was 10. I don't think I had any clue what it was about. I saw one of the early scenes where there was a head in the refridgerator and that's all I saw.

I had my head buried between my hands for the entire rest of the movie!

Even getting older and knowing these things aren't real hasn't helped. I saw "Needful Things" based on Stephen King's book in 1993. My friend jumped out from behind a door at me after the movie to scare me and I nearly killed him! I was still so freaked out. I had to sleep with a light on for weeks!

Yup, I'm a big baby when it comes to any blood or scary stuff on TV.

However, READING is an entirely different issue. I LOVE reading real life crime stories....especially about serial killers. (Contagion - stop chortling!) I like to try and analyze the psychology of these demented people.

I love Dean Koontz and Stephen King. Can't get enough of their books.

I guess, I prefer my imagination (which must be very watered down) compared to the graphic gore put on TV generated from someone else's imagination.

So do you like TV gore, reading gore, or just love it all? Or none at all?

| | Pre Haloscan 0

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?