Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I was hit with the ‘Childhood Meme' a couple of weeks ago from Little Joe of Little Joe’s Soapbox. I think y’all know how it works already so I will make it short and sweet. Share three things that you miss from your childhood….

At first, I didn’t think I would be able to come up with anything. However, after pondering my youth, I realized almost everything good about it was wrapped up in memories of my Grandmother.

It actually got me crying because I miss her so much so I will be dedicating a future entry entirely to her memory.

1. Summers with absolutely no schedule of stuff that had to be done. I spent one summer reading until 6:00am every evening/morning and then sleeping until noon. Did you know there is a whole set of books with “Shirley Temple” as the main character?

2. My grandmother was the epitome of ‘unconditional love’. I could get away with anything with her and she loved me just the same.

3. Second breakfasts. My mom had me on a diet since I was about 5 years old. (She has issues.) On Saturdays she had to work, she would give me a piece of toast or two for breakfast and drop me off at my Grandmother’s.

She would immediately ask me what I wanted to eat. I would get toast, milk, OJ, eggs, sausages, cereal; whatever I wanted. And seconds, too! All of this wonderful food AND I got to watch “Fury” at the same time. Mom never figured out why I gained rather than loss weight on those weeks! 

Not passing it on, as I'm sure this noxious strain of a meme has struck most everyone already.


| | Pre Haloscan 0

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?