Sunday, June 19, 2005

DEATH AND SEX

So I'm reading a very good Dean Koontz book right now, and this action plot comes up...

Detective's partner gets killed. He turns to new girlfriend for comfort. They end up having sex. At first they feel guilty, but then realize it is just a joyous statement to their still being alive when others are dead.

Okay, I have heard this sentiment before. Death brings out sexual drives because you are all wrought up and yet thankful that you are still alive...Blah, blah, blah.

I'm sorry, but that's just macabre to me.

When relatives/friends have died, the thought of sex is one of the last things on my mind. All I truly want to do is sleep away the memory of all of it. And sex as a comfort tool...NOT!

I guess everyone handles grief differently, but sex??? I just don't get the concept.

Anyone else want to share an opinion?

| | Pre Haloscan 0

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?