Thursday, March 03, 2005

DOG DAYS

Or nights, or early early morning I should say.

I am SO tired. Last night I went to bed at 10:30pm. I had a bunch of things I should have done, but I was exhausted so thought I would try to get a LITTLE extra sleep.

I got a little snooze in; however, Beloved Husband, (living up to his name: Mr. Bad Example), was up until 12:30 posting stuff on the computer and I never sleep well when he isn’t in bed with me.

Okay, 12:30, I can still get 4.5 hours of sleep before I have to get up at 5:00am. Not too bad. Just about this time, our border collie, Bandit, discovered the ‘wonders’ of a rawhide. Mind you, we have rawhides laying around the house all day long. I don’t know if she has been taking lessons from the cats on nocturnal playtimes, but boy was she into that rawhide.

There was at least a solid of hour of "chew, chew", "rip", "tear", "chew, chew".

I, being curled up in the warm comfy bed (thanks to Tammi of Road Warrior Survivor (and the mattress queen)) and having a 16lb cat peacefully sleeping in my lap, really did not want to move. I also didn't want to yell at the dog, as that would probably wake Beloved Husband.

ANOTHER half an hour goes by, now I REALLY have to go to the bathroom, and despite my tossing and turning the cat is still glued to my legs. Bandit is still chewing LOUDLY…oh wait, she stopped. YEAH!! Sleep, finally...

Wait…now its “cough, cough”, “gag, gag”…SILENCE…Repeat “cough, cough,”, “gag, gag”….SILENCE.

Oh great! Now my brilliant border collie is choking on her rawhide. Okay, do I get out of bed so I can go to the bathroom and make sure the dog isn’t dead OR do I stay in my nice pleasant warm coccoon and not disturb the cat???

“Bandit??? Are you OK?”, I whisper.

Oh good, the dog comes over by me she is fine. Well, now that she’s had a break, she’s ready to start again…CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP! NOOOOOOO!!!

I spring up from bed, throw the cat on top of Beloved Husband, yell at the dog and take away her rawhide as I sprint to the bathroom.

Back in my bed, feeling much better in the surrounding silence, I look at the clock and realize it is now about 2:00am. Hmmm, a whole 2.5 hours left to nap. Ohhhhhhhhhh, its going to be a LONG day!

| | Pre Haloscan 4

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?